Thinness can be defined as having a body mass index of less than 18.5, which is calculated according to the person’s weight and height. This can happen for a number of reasons including suffering from illness or heredity, and this may cause some damage to health, or Lack of nutrients for the body to be able to build bones , hair, and skin, but it should be noted that the body mass index may not be accurate, and does not represent the person’s condition correctly sometimes.
Protein powder for weight gain
The muscles of the human body are made up of proteins , so protein can be said to be the most important nutrient that can help to gain weight in a healthy way. Studies have indicated that eating high protein foods with increased intake of food causes many calories to be converted into muscles . Eating it will lead to the storage of excess calories consumed by humans in the form of fat , but it should be noted that eating protein leads to a sense of fullness and fullness faster, which reduces appetite and desire to eat.
Types of protein powder
There are many types of protein powder, we mention the most common types:
- Whey protein: A protein that is extracted from milk , has the ability to melt in water, and is characterized as a whole protein, and contains all the essential amino acids of the human, in addition, it is easy to absorb.
- Casein protein: This protein is extracted from milk and its products as well. It is characterized by high amounts of amino acid glutamine, which accelerates the healing of muscles after exercise, but it should be noted that it may not be suitable for people Who suffer from milk allergy .
- Soy Protein: A protein-derived protein powder that may be suitable for people who can not eat proteins from dairy sources and contains all essential amino acids.
Other benefits of protein powder
Protein is the structural unit for the production of muscles, bones, and skin. It is also important for the production of enzymes, hormones , chemicals, and other benefits of protein powder.
- Muscle building: This may help athletes to grow their muscles and increase size, and 49 studies indicated that eating healthy adults and exercise exercises resistance to protein supplements contributed to the improvement of muscle size and strength, and found that this effect had the same effectiveness in both men and women , But its effectiveness may be reduced as a result of age, so older people need more protein than younger people.
- Post-exercise recovery: Protein can help repair damaged tissues and muscles in the body, speeding up recovery, reducing pain, and reducing muscle damage, improving performance, and increasing processing.
- Healthy nutrition: Some people who follow certain dietary diets, such as vegetarians, may not get enough protein, so they recommend taking protein powder to get enough of it. Older people, athletes, or people with Chronic diseases recommend increasing the intake of protein.
Tips to gain weight in a healthy way
Slim people are advised to follow a healthy diet with nutrient-rich foods and weight gain tips:
- Increase calorie consumption: You should eat more calories than the amount spent by the body to gain weight, and can be taken from 300 – 500 calories more than the normal needs to increase weight in a systematic and consistent.
- Weight lifting exercise: This can help turn excess calories into muscle rather than fat. Weight training is advised 2 to 4 times a week, and weights are increased gradually.
- Do not drink water before meals: it makes the person feel full and full, making it difficult to get enough calories.
- Drink milk: This may lead to high-quality protein and calories.
- Using large dishes when eating: This may contribute to eating more food than small dishes.
- Creatine supplementation: It is a protein supplement that helps build muscle, which contributes to weight gain .
- Sleep is enough time: it is very important for muscle building and growth.
- Start with protein when eating meals: Leave the vegetables in the end after finishing the protein in the meal.
- Avoid smoking: People who practice smoking have less weight than non-smokers, and leaving can cause weight gain.
- Snacks: Full-grain or protein-rich foods can be used to help lose weight, such as almonds, peanut butter cookies, or other foods.
- Eat several small meals during the day: Some people can not eat large meals, so they get thinner, so they recommend dividing the food into several small meals throughout the day.
- Add some types of foods to the diet: It is recommended to add high-calorie foods to the foods they usually eat, such as adding Chia seeds (in English: Chia seeds) to soups and salads, or put almonds on milk and breakfast cereals.
- Avoid Empty Calories: Although these foods can cause weight gain, but this increase is usually an increase in fat, may affect the health of the heart and blood vessels of the person, it should be noted that the foods that Contains large amounts of sugar and salt.
- Rachel Nall (24-4-2018), “What are the risks of being underweight?” , Www.medicalnewstoday.com , Retrieved 28-9-2018. Edited.
- Kris Gunnars (20-7-2018), “How to Gain Weight Fast and Safely” , www.healthline.com , Retrieved 28-9-2018. Edited.
- Jayne Leonard (18-9-2018), “What are the benefits of protein powder?” , Www.medicalnewstoday.com , Retrieved 28-9-2018. Edited.